Bacon Philly Cheesecake Recipe
Bacon can make everything good, Amrita Rana proves it with her special cheesecake recipe.
1 package (8 oz) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
¼ cup castor sugar (more if you prefer sweeter cheesecake)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 digestive biscuits, small packet, coarsely ground
2 tbsp melted butter
12 strips streaky bacon
For the glaze
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp castor sugar
½ lemon, juice
For the cheesecake
- Fry the bacon in a pan until crisp, discard the fat after reserving the 1 tbsp for the base. Chop the rest of bacon very finely, leaving few bits for garnish intact.
- Mix the biscuits with melted butter & bacon fat, divide into 8 portions.
- Stuff each portion on the bottom of silicon cupcake mould. Make sure they’re tightly packed. Freeze until you make the cheesecake filling.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C. Mix the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice & zest, vanilla, and egg in a bowl with the help of an electric beater.
- Fold in half of the bacon bits in the mixture.
- Fill the biscuit lined cupcake tin with this filling. Bake for 25-30 mins. It should feel firm to touch. Remove from the oven and let it cool on a rack for a while.
- Transfer to refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours.
For the glaze
- Prepare the glaze by heating maple syrup & sugar in a pan until it has thickened up.
- Add remaining bacon bits to it and squeeze the lemon juice in just before removing from the pan.
- Pour this glaze over chilled cheesecakes just before serving.