Basic Meatballs Recipe
A classic recipe, always guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser. Pay attention to how popular you become once they hit the heat of your frying pan.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Serves: 8-10 people
600 g beef mince
400 g pork mince
100 g fresh bread crumbs
100 g grated parmesan cheese
5 sprigs parsley, leaves only, roughly chopped
Sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
6 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- Place all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands or a spatula, combine ingredients, adding additional olive oil if needed for consistency.
- With wet hands take a walnut sized amount of mixture in your hands and shape into a ball. Repeat until all mixture has been used.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry meatballs in batches. Browning all sides. Drain onto kitchen paper when cooked.
- Serve hot with a fresh green salad.
- Place uncooked meatballs into a deep pan and add a can of chopped tomato with your choice of vegetables such as chopped carrots, peas, potato or pepper.
- Add a beef stock cube and a pinch of garam masala, then season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Cook until meatballs are cooked through. Serve with crusty bread or over fettuccini pasta with a sprinkle of grated parmesan.