Your cart is empty now.
Baklava Shortbread | Recipe
Cook Time : 120 minutes
- Unsalted Butter, 1cup, softened
- Brown Sugar, 1 cup
- Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp
- Egg, 1
- All-purpose Flour, 3 cups
- Baking Powder, 1 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp
- Kosher Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Honey, 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon Stick, 1
- Vanilla Bean, 1/2 tsp
- Salted Pistachio, 1/2 cup, chopped and roasted
- Walnuts, 1/2 cup, chopped
- Beat together the butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add in the egg and beat until fluffy.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Ina mixer, on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Divide the dough in half and refrigerate for an hour.
- Combine the honey, cinnamon stick, and vanilla bean in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the pistachios and walnuts in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Roll out the dough to 1/8” thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut out cookies with your desired cookie cutter. Place on parchment-lined cookie sheets, spacing the cookies such that they are an inch apart from each other. Press the nut mixture into the cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Allow them to cool on wire racks and finish with a drizzle of the honey mixture.
translation missing: en.general.search.loading