Your cart is empty now.
BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES WITH SAFFRON POACHED PEARS
- Buckwheat flour, 1 cup
- Almond milk, 1 cup
- Mashed banana, 1
- Honey, 1 tablespoon
- Cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking powder, 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
- Pears, 2 medium
- Cardamom pods, 3
- Caster sugar, 100 g
- Saffron, 1 tsp
- Small stick of cinnamon, 1
- Star anise, 1
- In a large bowl, add buckwheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, add banana, almond milk, honey, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well until everything is just combined. Do not over mix the batter.
- Place a frying pan on medium heat. Brush it with oil.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of the batter and pour it on the frying pan.
- Let it cook for about 2 minutes. Once you see small bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, flip it using a spatula for cooking it on the other side for about 3 minutes.
- Peel the pears, leaving the stalk intact. Crush the cardamom pods.
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan with 1 litre of water, bring to a simmer and gently poach the pears until tender.
- Remove the pears and boil the syrup until reduced to a sticky glaze. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of saffron glaze over the pancakes and poached pears, serve.
translation missing: en.general.search.loading