Your cart is empty now.
Burnt Basque Cheescake by White Milk Dark | Recipe
- Cream Cheese, 600g, room temperature
- Castor Sugar, 225g
- Eggs, 4
- Salt, a pinch
- Double Cream, 300g
- Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp
- Plain Flour, 40g
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and make sure it is really hot since a burnt basque cheesecake relies heavily on heat.
- Prepare an 8" cake tin by spraying it with oil and then lining it with two sheets of butter paper.
- In a stand mixer or bowl (using an electric mixer), add the room temperature cream cheese and whip till it softens and comes together.
- Gradually add in the castor sugar, a little at a time, until the mixture further softens.
- One thoroughly mixed, add in the eggs, one at a time, and continue mixing.
- Add a pinch of salt and vanilla extract, and pour in the double cream. Scrape down the sides so that everything is well combined.
- Sieve in the flour and fold by hand into the cheesecake mixture.
- Pour the basque cheesecake batter into the tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 200°C until the cheesecake is a beautiful dark brown colour.
- Let cool for at least 3-4 hours before de-moulding it.
- De-mould, retain the butter paper, and serve.
translation missing: en.general.search.loading