Your cart is empty now.
Rava Ladoos by Chef Avantika Gore of The Epicurist | Recipe
- Semolina (Sooji/ Rava), 4 cups, very fine
- Ghee, 1 cup, runny (not thickened)
- Coconut, 1 1/2 cups, freshly grated
- Sugar, 2 1/2 cups
- Water, 1 3/4 cups
- Cardamom Powder, 1 tsp
- Saffron Strands, a pinch
- Heat the ghee and roast the semolina on a low-to-medium flame.
- Stir for 20-30 minutes until the flour turns golden-brown.
- Add the freshly grated coconut and stir for another 20 minutes until the mixture turns pink.
- Remove from heat.
- For the sugar syrup, melt the sugar in the water over a medium flame and turn off the flame once it comes to a boil. Add in the saffron strands and cardamom powder.
- Add the syrup to the semolina mixture and mix well until it cools down.
- Once cool, transfer to a large plate and knead well.
- Separate tiny ladoo-sized portions and roll.
translation missing: en.general.search.loading