Your cart is empty now.
Rosewater And Cardamom Scones | Recipe
Cook Time : 90 minutes
- All-purpose Flour, 4 cups
- Icing Sugar, 2 tbsp
- Butter, 60 g, cold, chopped coarsely
- Milk, 1 1/2 cup
- Water, 3/4 cup
- Walnuts, 1/3 cup, finely chopped
- Cardamom Powder, 1 tsp
- Rosewater, 1 tbsp
- Dried Rose Petals, 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Spray an oven tray with cooking oil.
- Sift the flour and icing sugar into a large bowl.
- Add the cubes of cold butter and gently rub it into the flour using your fingertips, creating a breadcrumb-like texture.
- Combine the milk, water, and rosewater.
- Make a ‘well’ at the centre of the flour mixture; pour in the milk mixture. Add the dried rose petals and walnuts.
- Use a butter knife to cut through the flour mixture, combining the ingredients together to make a soft, sticky dough.
- Sprinkle a little flour onto a board and place the dough on it. Knead the dough by gently pressing down on it with the heels of both your palms until it is smooth.
- Press the dough out to 2cm thickness. Use a cutter to cut as many rounds as you can from the piece of dough. Place the rounds on the tray.
- Brush the rounds of dough with a little extra milk and bake for about 20-30 minutes.
translation missing: en.general.search.loading