Your cart is empty now.
VEGAN FESTIVE TRUFFLES
- Amaranth Flour, 1cup
- Almond flour, ¾ cup
- Desiccated coconut, ½ cup
- Cardamom powder, ¼ tsp
- Coconut milk, ¼ cup
- Coconut oil, 1tbsp
- Turmeric, 1tsp
- Jaggery, ½ cup
- Water, ¼ cup
- Pumpkin seeds, 2 tbsp, (toasted)
- Chia seeds, 2 tsp
- Flax seed, 1 tsp
- Chopped nuts, ½ cup
- Heat a pan and lightly toast the coconut until it turns golden brown. Place it in a bowl.
- In the same pan gently toast the amaranth flour followed by the almond flour.
- Combine all the dry ingredients; add cardamom powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine all the wet ingredients.
- Place the jaggery in a heavy bottom vessel and add enough water to cover it completely. Simmer on a low flame for 5 minutes until the jaggery melts completely and forms a syrup.
- Pour the hot jaggery syrup over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Gradually introduce the wet ingredients. Knead while the mixture is warm to form a dough.
- Line the modakmold with mix nuts/pumpkin seeds/chia seeds, etc and shape the mixture into modaks.
translation missing: en.general.search.loading