Chicken Soup with Matcha Broth Recipe
Join the Matcha madness with Amrita Rana’s special recipe.
1 tbsp oil
1 boneless chicken breast
1 cup soba noodles
1 carrot, julienned or diced into chunks
1-inch fresh ginger, julienned
2-3 garlic, grated
2 small pak choy, chopped
1 tbsp golden matcha tea
1 ½ cups chicken stock
Salt & pepper to taste
For the broth
- Boil two cups of water. Add the tea powder and let it brew for 5 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a pan. Add ginger, garlic & carrots and cook for a minute. Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Pour in the brewed tea and let it cook for 10 minutes until little reduced and flavor has become a bit more concentrated.
For the chicken
- Rub the chicken with some salt & pepper and little oil and cook the chicken on high heat on both the side for a minute and a half. Cover and cook for another 2 minutes on low flame. Remove from the flame but don’t lift the lid until the sizzle stops.
- Remove on a chopping board and slice it diagonally. Cook the pak choy for a minute in the same pan briefly just so it wilts a bit.
For the noodles
- Boil soba noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- To assemble, pile the noodles into bowls, top it with chicken and pak choy, then pour the broth over.
Sprinkle with some sesame on top optionally before serving.