Citrus Salad with Turmeric Vinaigrette Recipe
Immune booster citrus salad with grapefruit, orange, tangerine & kumquat – sprinkled with the alluring flavour of turmeric & black pepper dressing, and walnut, date, and mint works well as an appetizer for breakfast and brunch!
Preparation Time – 20mins
1 medium pink grapefruit/ pomelo
1 large seedless orange
2 medium blood orange
2 medium tangerine
5 medium kumquats, thinly sliced, seeds removed
1 bunch of baby arugula
2-3 large medjool dates, pitted and thinly sliced
1/3 cup toasted walnut, coarsely chopped
Handful mint leaves & pomegranate arils (for garnish)
Turmeric, Lemon & Ginger Vinaigrette
Juice from 2 large organic lemons, approximately 1/4 cup of fresh juice
1″ fresh ginger, skin removed
1 garlic clove
2 teaspoon ground turmeric or about 2″ fresh turmeric root
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Salt to taste
- For the Turmeric Vinaigrette – Place all ingredients in a grinder and blend until combined. Adjust seasoning.
- Prepare the citrus by cutting off the ends. Stand each fruit upright and remove the peel and white pith, along the curves of the fruit. Slice the fruit crosswise into thick rounds.
- Arrange the slices on a platter above the arugula bed
- Top with the kumquat slices and sliced date, and sprinkle walnuts, pomegranate and mint.
- Drizzle with turmeric vinaigrette and serve chilled.