Whole Chicken with skin; 1 Kg
Salt & Black pepper; as required
Olive oil; 2 tbsp.
Fresh Thyme; 1 Bunch
Garlic minced; 1 tsp.
Onion Sliced; 1 cup
Lemon sliced; 1 number
Baby Carrots (peeled); 1 bunch
Baby onion/ Shallots; 200gm (peeled)
Baby Potatoes; 300gm (washed)
Melted Butter; 3 tbsp.
Fresh Rosemary ; 2 tsp.
1. Pat chicken dry and season all over with salt and pepper. Tie legs together and tuck wing tips under the body of the chicken.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Fill a baking dish with baby onion, baby carrots, baby potatoes, and mix with salt, black pepper, fresh rosemary, olive oil and then place chicken on top.
3. Brush chicken all over with melted butter, garlic and fresh thyme leaves and stuff cavity with lemon, sliced onion and most of the thyme. Cover with sliver foil & cook.
4. Roast until juices run clear and a probe thermometer inserted in the centre of the thigh reads 165 degree C, approx. will take 50 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Open foil to give golden brown colour evenly on top and to make the skin crisp. Let the chicken rest 15-20 minutess before transferring to a cutting board. Serve chicken with roasted vegetables.