Coconut Blueberry Chia Kulfi Recipe
Take that nostalgic dessert and add a healthy twist to it, here is Kankana Saxena sharing her special Coconut Blueberry Chia Kulfi recipe.
Cook Time: 15 minutes + 4 hours chill time
Serves: 4-5 people
2 cups coconut milk
¼ cup chia seeds
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 tbsp honey
Few sprigs of fresh thyme
1 tsp gelatin powder
¼ cup dry coconut flakes
- In a bowl, mix coconut milk with chia seeds and few fresh thyme leaves. Cover and let it rest for an hour. The seeds should swell up and form into a pudding consistency. You could also let it rest overnight.
- In a pan, drop the blueberries, ¼ cup water, few more thyme leaves, and honey. Give it a mix and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle the gelatin powder and let it simmer for 5 more minutes. Once done, let it cool for a couple of minutes.
- For the kulfi, you could either make a layer of the compote followed by a layer of the chia coconut pudding or mix it together and pour into the mold.
- It’s important to make the mould stand straight while freezing. So use egg containers or tiny jars or tiny bottles, whatever you can find around the house. Once the molds are in the freezer for 30 minutes, take it out and put the sticks in the centre of the mold. Put it back in the freezer and let it freeze for at least 4 hrs.
- To take the kulfi out of the mold, soak the mold in hot water for a few seconds, gently pull the sticks and the kulfi should come out clean.