2 tbsp coconut oil
10 tbsp oats
100 g dates, finely chopped
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp flax seeds, optional
2 tbsp maple syrup/ coconut sugar
- Start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees C/gas mark 4.
- Now melt the coconut oil in a medium pan on low heat.
- Add the oats and stir them for 1-2 minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Keep stirring the granola for 7-8 minutes until brown. Transfer to a baking tray and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, checking regularly after 5 minutes to ensure it doesn’t burn. Leave to cool down before serving as it will become crispier once cooled.
- You can have this granola with any kind of milk, or with yoghurt and berries. Here it is served it with plain yoghurt and saffron blossom compote