Grilled Fruits Crostini Recipe
The heat calls for some summery foods. Pick your choice of fruits and get them those gorgeous grill marks.
8 slices of a baguette
Apples, sliced into thin wedges
Red grapes, sliced
1 tsp spiced sugar (sugar blended with spices of your choice – cinnamon/star anise/cardamom)
1 tbsp olive oil
2-3 tbsp creamy goat cheese (or blend firm goat cheese with little milk to make it spreadable)
For the rum glaze
1/4 cup dark rum
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar
A pinch of salt
- Toss the fruits of your choice with olive oil and spiced sugar. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan. Place these marinated fruits in a single layer on the pan. Grill on a high flame until charred lines appear on the fruits and they have turned softer. Take it off the heat once done.
- Deglaze the pan with the balsamic vinegar and rum along with the brown sugar and salt. Cook this until it reduces to thick glaze.
- For the crostini, brush the bread slices with butter/olive oil and grill/toast until crisp.
- Finally to assemble, spread the goat cheese on the toasted bread slices, put some grilled fruit slices over it. Drizzle with the rum glaze. Garnish with fresh arugula/mint/basil/rosemary and serve at room temperature.