Homemade Honey Nut Granola Bar Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line an 8-inch/ 20 centimetre square tin (preferably with a loose base) with parchment paper.
- Place the granola into a large bowl and set aside. In a small saucepan add the honey, butter, sugar and salt, cook over a low heat until fully melted. Pour this mixture over the granola and mix thoroughly.
- Press the mixture firmly into the prepared pan. This will help the bars hold together once baked. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for half an hour before carefully removing from the tin. Remove from the fridge and cut into 8 rectangles using a sharp knife.
- When ready to dip the bars, break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of gently simmering water. Once the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat and carefully dip the bars in the chocolate, coating half of the bar.
- Set onto a baking tray lined with parchment and place in the fridge to set.
Dates & Pumpkin Seed Granola