Medium grind bulgur; 1 1/2 cups
Fresh lemon juice; 3 tbsp
Pomegranate juice; 1 tbsp
Honey; 2 tbsp
Garlic clove, minced; 1
Ground cinnamon; a pinch
Extra virgin olive oil; 1/4 cup
Salt and pepper; as needed
Parsley, chopped; 1 cup (plus more for garnish)
Mint, chopped; 1/2 cup (plus more for garnish)
Lemon zest or preserved lemon; 1 tsp
Pistachios, chopped; 3 tbsp
1. In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the bulgur until just tender, about 15 mins. Drain well, then spread out on a baking sheet to cool.
2. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate and keep aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey, garlic, cinnamon and pomegranate juice. Whisking constantly, drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified. Season well.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the bulgur, parsley, mint and lemon zest or preserved lemon and pomegranate seeds.
5. Add the dressing and toss to evenly coat. Transfer the salad to a platter and top with pistachios. Garnish with parsley and mint.