1 sheet of frozen puff pastry
1 tbsp water
1 cup shredded kalari cheese
½ tsp Arqa smoked paprika
Salt & pepper to taste
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- Preheat the oven to 200 ⁰C.
- Unfold the puff pastry on a lightly dusted surface. Start rolling it out gently with a rolling pin. Shape it into a rectangle with a thickness of a five rupees coin. Cut this into half to get two separate sheets of puff pastry.
- In a small bowl, whisk together an egg with water and brush the egg wash on each rectangle of puff pastry dough (only on one side) and reserve the rest.
- In another bowl, mix together the shredded kalari cheese with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Sprinkle the cheese mix on one rolled pastry sheet evenly.
- Place the second sheet on top of the cheese mix and press the two halves together to seal the edges.
- Using a flour dusted knife or a pizza cutter, cut the pastry into ½ inch strips.
- Take one strip at a time and twist it gently; you can get two to three twists on each strips.
- Lift and lay it down on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Press down the ends gently so that they don’t curl when baking.
- When all the strips are done, lightly brush each twisted strip with the egg wash.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.