Sticky Rice; 500 g
Coconut Cream; 500 ml
Sugar; 100 g
Salt; 1 tsp
Ripe Sweet Yellow Mango; 2
FOR THE COCONUT CREAM TOPPING
Coconut Cream; 200 ml
Salt; 1/2 tsp
Toasted Sesame Seeds; 1 tsp
- Wash the sticky rice 8-10 times to remove excess starch. Soak for 1 hour.
- Using a bamboo steamer or rice cooker, steam the rice for 15-20 minutes or until cooked.
- To a double boiler, add coconut cream, salt and sugar. Keep stirring until the sugar is dissolved. When the cream comes to a boil, take off the flame immediately.
- In a big bowl, place the sticky rice and slowly pour over the sweet coconut cream. Gently mix to incorporate for a glossy and grainy pudding texture. Transfer to a serving plate.
- For the creamy topping, heat coconut cream and salt. Take off the heat just before one boil.
- Peel and dice the mangoes. Place it over sticky rice, drizzle coconut cream and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds.
Mango Chia Bloomer