Leftover turkey breast; 3 cups, shredded
Onion; 1/2 cup, diced
Carrot; 1/2 cup, cooked
French beans; 1/2 cup, cooked
Green peas; 1/4 cup, cooked
Butter; 4 tbsp.
Refined flour; 3 tbsp.
Chicken broth; 2 cups
Whole milk; 1/2 cup
Leftover sauce/juices; 1/2 cup
Salt & black pepper; as required
Fresh thyme; 2 tbsp.
Fresh parsley; 2 tbsp.
Mashed potato; 4 cups
1. Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat and sauté the onion for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Next add the green peas, carrot, beans and cauliflower to the onion and cook. Stir in salt, black pepper and refined flour and stir to cook for 2 mins. To this add the chicken broth and whisk well.
3. Once the mixture comes to a boil pour in the milk and gravy. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes until thickened.
4. Add seasoning and cooked shredded turkey. Spoon the turkey mixture into a baking dish and top with soft mash potatoes. Level this with a spoon to equally spread the mash potato on top.
5. Bake for 15 minutes at 190 degree C or until the top crust of the potato turns golden.