Matcha Waffles Recipe
Delicious waffles enriched with the goodness of Japanese matcha.
3 whole eggs
1 cup plain cashews
⅓ cup almond milk
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
3 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
1 tbsp matcha tea powder from THT
¼ tsp salt
¾ tsp baking soda
3 tbsp coconut flour from Traditions
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- Heat waffle iron to and lightly spray with non-stick cooking oil. You may even brush on a little coconut oil if you don’t have a spray.
- Blender together eggs, cashews, almond milk, maple syrup, coconut oil and matcha tea powder until smooth.
- Add salt, baking soda and coconut flour and blend again until everything has mixed through.
- Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of batter into waffle iron and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until done.
- Lift the lid, remove the waffle from the iron and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining batter.