Miso Caramel Recipe
Delectable caramel with a savoury umaminess of Japanese white miso
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: Makes 2 cups
¾ cup sugar
2 tbsp white miso paste
¼ cup water
½ cup heavy cream
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, stir together the sugar and water for a few seconds. Let it come to a boil.
- When the sugar becomes a deep golden brown, take the pan off the heat.
- Slowly drizzle in the heavy cream and stir to combine. If the caramel harden, put it back on low heat to melt it again. While it is off the heat, whisk in the white miso paste.
- Let it cool down a little before transferring it into a heat-proof jar. Close it with a lid and store it in the fridge.
- When you want to use it, spoon some into a ramekin and microwave it for a few seconds until it melts. Drizzle this over ice creams, cake or even apple slices.