Miso Chicken Wonton Cups Recipe
Spruce up your party platter with these little bites of miso chicken wantons.
4 wonton wrappers, cut in quarters
1 boneless chicken breast, cut into very small pieces
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp miso paste
1 tsp soy
1 tsp mirin / rice wine vinegar
1 inch ginger, grated
1 tbsp finely chopped red/yellow bell peppers
1 spring onion, finely chopped (leaves for garnish)
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp black pepper, coarsely grind
1 tsp sesame seeds
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- Heat sesame oil in a pan. Sauté ginger until light brown.
- Add the onion and bell peppers, cook for a min.
- Add the chicken pieces, cook for 2 mins more and add the soy, miso, vinegar and brown sugar. Cook for 5-10 min till the mixture is little dry and chicken is well cooked. Adjust seasoning.
- Preheat the oven at 200 ˚C. Place the wonton wrappers on tart moulds and bake for 5-10 min until crispy. Reomve from the oven.
- Place spoonful of the chicken filling in the prepared wonton tarts shells and sprinkle some sesame over. Finally, garnish it with spring onion leaves and serve warm.