Vegetable stock; 4 cups
Shiitake mushrooms; 200g
Spring onion; 3/4 cup
Silken tofu; 1/2 cup
Light miso paste; 2 tbsp.
Salt; as required
Light soy sauce; 1 tbsp.
Mirin; 1 tbsp.
Rice Vinegar; 2 tbsp.
Garnish: Spring onion, wakame leaves
1. In a large pot, bring 4 cups vegetable stock to boil over medium-high heat. Simmer and add sliced shiitake mushrooms and chopped spring onion.
2. Simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the mushrooms and scallions soften.
3. Add silken tofu to the broth. Cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes on reduced heat.
4. Carefully take out about a cup of the boiling broth and whisk it in a separate bowl with 2 tbsp light miso paste until smooth.
5. Pour the miso into the soup and stir to combine. Add salt, crushed balck pepper, light soy sauce, mirin & simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Season and flavour with rice vinegar & light soy sauce. Ladle into bowls, garnish and serve with chopped spring onion and wakame leaves.
Red Lentil Soup With Coconut Milk