Thai Flavoured Red Rice Recipe
Thai food is very comforting, Kankana Saxena helps replicate the deliciousness.
1 cup red rice
1 zucchini, cut into bite sizes
1 red pepper, sliced into bite sizes
1 red onion, medium size, thickly sliced
500 g broccoli florets, cut into bite sizes
6 garlic cloves
1-inch length ginger
2 red chillies
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tsp white vinegar
Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
Salt and pepper
- Cook the red rice as per the instructions on the packet. Once done, allow it to cool down completely before you start on the fried rice.
- Add roughly chopped lemongrass, ginger, garlic and red chilli in a blender. Blend it to a fine paste. Add lime juice and mix it all together.
- Drizzle a little oil in a hot wok and stir fry the red pepper, zucchini and broccoli florets with some salt. Once done, keep it aside.
- In the same wok, add more oil and drop the paste from the blender. Allow it to cook for a few minutes and then, add the chopped onion. Sauté until the onion is softened.
- Pour fish sauce, soya sauce and vinegar. Give it a stir and drop the cooled, cooked red rice. Add more salt, pepper and give it a toss.
- Add the stir-fried vegetables and give it a mix. Check for salt and add any, if required.
- If you prefer more zing, add more lime juice.