Paan & Pista Panna Cotta Recipe
Twist on Holi Mithai – Rose & Pistachio Flavoured Panda Cotta
Preparation Time – 15mins
Cooking Time – 20mins
Milk – 90gm
Heavy Cream – 90gm
Breakfast Sugar – 25gm
Gelatine – 3gm
Water – 10gm
Paan leaves (Beetle leaves) – 5gm
Pistachio, slivered – 5gm (Garnish)
Preserved Rose Petal Compote
Gulkand (Rose Petal preserve) – 300gm
Sugar – 40gm
Pectin – 10gm
Agar agar – 2gm
Cornflour – 15gm
- Boil the milk and cream together and add sugar to it and mix well until sugar is dissolved.
- Blanch the beetle leaves in water for few seconds, refresh in cold water and then make puree, strain the reserve the smooth paste.
- Add the beetle paste to the milk and cream mixture and mix well. Taste for sweetness and adjust accordingly.
- Bloom the gelatine in water and then add to the milk mixture when luke warm.
- Pour the Pannacotta mix into desired glass and refrigerate until set.
- Separately puree the Gulkand and cook with little sugar. Add pectin, agar agar and cornflour to the above mixture, to incorporate all.
- Pour this Gulkand compote on top of the Pannacotta and garnish with Pistachio and serve chilled.