Peach & Blackberry Galette Recipe
A French speciality, Shivesh Bhatia's Peach and Blackberry Galette is your perfect brunch fix.
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes + 50 minutes bake time
3 large peaches, sliced
2 tbsp brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon, ground
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp honey
Sprig of thyme for flavour
For the wash
1 tbsp milk
2 tbsp of brown sugar, to sprinkle
- To make the dough, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt. Add in the butter and pulse to mix in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Slowly add in the water, a tablespoon at a time, mixing with a spatula after each addition. The dough should come together when pinched.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- To make the filling, toss together the sliced peaches, lemon juice, thyme, sugar, honey and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside for some time so that all the flavours get infused together.
- After the dough has chilled, roll it out into a circle on a floured surface. Place it onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange the peach slices on the rolled out dough leaving a 1-inch border. Place the blackberries in the centre. Fold the sides of the dough onto the peach slices. Let the galette rest in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Lightly brush the galette with milk and sprinkle brown sugar. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the galette turns golden brown.