Piri Piri Cauliflower Recipe
Kankana Saxena gives cauliflower a deilcious makeover.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2-3 people
7 red chillies
9 garlic cloves
¼ cup olive oil
juice of 2 lemons
½ cup cilantro, stalks and leaves mixed
1 cauliflower, florets and green stalk separated
2 tsp butter
½ cup cream
For piri piri sauce
- To make the piri piri sauce, blend red chillies, 5 garlic cloves, cilantro leaves and stalks, olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Blend it to a smooth paste and store in an airtight bottle or jar.
For cauliflower sauce
- To prepare the garlic cauliflower sauce, boil some of the florets until they’re tender. In the meantime, dry roast 2 garlic cloves. Then, drop the boiled cauliflower florets in a blender along with roasted garlic cloves and salt.
- Pour cream and blend into a smooth sauce. Keep it aside to be used later.
For crunchy bits and assembly
- Finely chop the green stalks. Then, add 1 tablespoon of butter and a little bit of oil in a pan. Drop 2 finely sliced garlic cloves and scatter the finely chopped green stalks. Sprinkle salt, cover the pan and cook on medium-low heat until the stalks get tender. Once done, keep them aside.
- Partially boil rest of the cauliflower florets. Then, add rest of the butter and sprinkle some oil in the same pan. Layer the partially boiled cauliflower florets, sprinkle salt and 2 tablespoons of piri piri sauce. Give it a mix and allow it to cook until the florets get tender and starts to brown mildly.
- While serving, spoon the garlic cauliflower sauce on the plate, top it with piri piri cauliflower florets and scatter some of the tender green stalks. Serve warm with some bread on the side.