Poha Coconut Chocolate Fudge Recipe
Poha, when combined with chocolate seems absolutely delicious , try Kankana Saxena's specialty.
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 6-8 people
1¼ cup flattened rice (medium size)
2 cups freshly grated coconut
1 cup grated jaggery
1 cup melted white chocolate
- Keep a loaf or brownie pan ready by layering it with parchment paper.
- Dry roast the flattened rice in a pan on medium heat until crispy. Once done, allow it to cool and then grind 1 cup of the crispy flattened rice. Leave the ¼ cup of crispy flattened rice aside to be used later.
- In the same pan, add 1½ cups of coconut and 1 cup of jaggery. Allow it cook for a few minutes stirring occasionally until the jaggery is melted and mixed with coconut.
- Scatter the ground flattened rice to the pan and give it a mix.
- While the mixture is still hot, drop it in the loaf or brownie pan ready with the parchment paper. Press it down gently to level the top.
- Dry roast rest of the freshly grated coconut in a pan until mild brown in colour. Mix rest of the crispy flattened rice to it. Keep it aside to be sprinkled on top of the fudge (burfi).
- Finally, pour the melted chocolate on top of the fudge (burfi) and sprinkle the roasted coconut and crispy flattened rice mixture on top.
- Allow it to rest in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Once it’s set, cut it into pieces and serve. It can be easily stored for several days in the refrigerator after placing it in an airtight jar.