Raw Jackfruit, boiled and shredded; 250 g
Onion, thinly sliced; 1 medium
Garlic, chopped; 1 tsp
Black Beans, boiled; 1 cup
Ground Cumin; 2 tsp
Chili Flakes; 1/2 tsp
Chipotle, chopped; 1-2 tsp
Olive Oil; 2 tbsp
Red Cabbage, shredded; 1 cup
Lemon Juice; 1 tbsp
Refried Beans; 2 tbsp
Pico de Gallo; 4 tbsp
Chipotle Sour Cream; 2 tbsp
Soft Tortillas; 8
Salt and Pepper; to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add onion and garlic, sauté for 4-5 minutes until softened and lightly caramelized.
- Add jackfruit, black beans, cumin, chili powder and chipotle to the pan.
- Stir to evenly distribute the spices and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the jackfruit is slightly crisped on the edges. Season to taste.
- To make the red cabbage slaw, add lemon juice and salt to the red cabbage. Leave for 10 min
- Squeeze excess moisture and dress with a teaspoon of chipotle sour cream. Adjust seasoning.
- To assemble the taco with all toppings, warm the soft taco, place refried beans, two spoonsful of jackfruit mixture and top with pickled cabbage slaw, chipotle sour cream, pico de gallo and fresh cilantro.