Pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks; 250 g
ARQA Quatre Epices; 2 tsp
Olive Oil; 3 tbsp
Garlic, minced; 1+1 tsp
Onion, diced; 1 large
Chickpeas, soaked overnight or Canned Chickpeas, drained; 1 cup
Tomato, crushed; 1 can
Vegetable Stock; 2 cups
Cumin Powder; 1 tsp
Cinnamon Powder or ARQA Tagine Mix; 1/4 tsp
Parsley, chopped; 1+1 tbsp
Tricoloured Quinoa, cooked; 1 cup
Fresh Mint, chopped; a handful
Lemons, juiced; 2
Pine Nuts and Dried Cranberries; to garnish
Salt and Black Pepper; to taste
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees C.
- Marinate pumpkin chunks with ARQA Quatre Epices, salt and 1 teaspoon of minced garlic. Roast for 15-20 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- In a tagine, heat olive oil to sauté rest of the minced garlic and onions until soft and pink.
- Add chickpeas, crushed tomatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and lower the heat.
- Stir in salt, cumin powder, cinnamon powder or ARQA Tagine Mix. Simmer with the lid on, stirring occasionally until the chickpeas are cooked.
- Tip in the roasted pumpkin and 1 tablespoon chopped parsley. Adjust seasoning.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix cooked tricoloured cooked quinoa, olive oil, lemon juice, chopped mint, salt and black pepper.
- Once the tagine is cooked, garnish with pine nuts, dried cranberries, rest of the chopped parsley and serve with lemon mint quinoa.