Quinoa Pumpkin Salad Recipe
An unfamiliar spice in Indian homes, Dukkah is now creating a culinary buzz.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
300 g pumpkin
100 g chickpeas
50 g quinoa
1 tbsp ARQA dukkah spice mix (use this for garnish as well)
1½ cups plain yoghurt
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp chilli powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- If you are using dried chickpeas, soak it in water overnight and then boil them until they’re soft.
- To cook the quinoa, mix quinoa with 2 cups of water, sprinkle salt and bring it to a boil. Then, cover the pan, bring the heat down to medium and let it simmer until the water is absorbed. It should take about 15 minutes. Once done, turn off the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes after which, fluff it using a fork.
- Next, peel the pumpkin and cut into bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, sprinkle some fennel seeds and sauté the pumpkin with salt and pepper until its fork tender.
- In the same pan, drop the cooked chickpeas, sprinkle chilli powder and give it a stir. Finally, scatter the cooked quinoa and give one final mix. Check for salt and add any, if required.
- Next, prepare the dressing for the warm salad by whisking yoghurt with 1-tablespoon dukkah spice mix and extra virgin olive oil. Add a pinch of salt to blend the flavour.
- In a serving plate, spread the warm quinoa and pumpkin salad, scatter pomegranate on top and drizzle the dressing over the salad. Give it a toss and serve warm or at room temperature.