2 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Butter
1 Red Onion (Chopped finely)
1 cup Arborio Rice
2 tablespoons White Wine
2 cups Vegetable Stock
1 Pinch of Saffron
1 tablespoon Pecorino Cheese
2 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- Head the pan, add olive oil along with half of the butter and keep rest aside.
- Add the onions and allow them to sweat.
- Add the Arborio rice and allow it to coat with the butter in the pan
- Add the saffron, roast it for aroma & colour
- Deglaze the rice with white wine and let the wine cook through.
- Once the mixture is dry again, add the vegetable stock (Warm or hot only).
- Make sure the stock is only added ladle by ladle, and always on a constant heat.
- Flavour the stock in the pan with Salt, so the rice absorbs the salt.
- Cook the rice for around 16 to 18 minutes, constantly stirring.
- Once the rice is cooked but still has a bite, add in the black pepper.
- Remove the rice from the heat, add in remaining butter, parmesan and pecorino cheese.
- Stir the mixture vigorously without the pan being on fire.
- The fat will incorporate with the starch and will give a nice velvety texture to the pasta.