Roasted Spiced Pears Recipe
Deliciously ripe pears take on the flavours of warming spices.
Cook Time: 1 hour
Serves: 2 to 3 people
4 large pears, halved, peeled, cored
4 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tsp ginger powder
1 pinch of pepper
3 star anise
4-5 thin slices of orange peel
½ cup honey
¼ cup brown sugar
All ingredients available at Foodhall
- Pre-heat the oven to 100 ̊C
- Place the pears in a baking dish.
- Combine honey, pepper, cinnamon powder and ginger powder in a bowl. Pour over the pears. Sprinkle brown sugar on the pears.
- Place orange peels and star anise in the baking dish
- Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 30 minutes at 100 ̊C
- Remove the foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the pears are tender.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream.