Rosewater Panna Cotta Recipe
Looking for a summer dessert recipe? Try Shivesh Bhatia's cooling Rosewater Panna Cotta.
Cook Time: 30 minutes + chill overnight
Serves: 4-5 people
1 cup heavy cream
2 tbs sugar
3 tsp unflavored powdered gelatin
1 tbsp cold water
1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
3 tsp rosewater
1 drop of pink food colouring
Rose syrup to serve
Dried edible rose petals, to garnish
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, bring the cream and sugar to a slight simmer until the sugar has melted.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle gelatin in cold water and let it rest until the gelatin becomes slightly dissolved.
Add the cream and sugar mixture to the gelatin, constantly stirring.
- Add mascarpone cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add rosewater and food colouring and mix well.
- Strain the mixture into individual ramekins. Chill in the fridge overnight.
- To unmold the ramekin, run a sharp knife around the ramekin and then put the ramekin in a bowl of hot water for a few seconds. Turn it over into a plate with rose syrup. Decorate with rose petals.