½ cup unsalted butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp light corn syrup
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp rum
1 tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp baking soda
8 cups popped popcorn
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- Preheat the oven to 100 ⁰C.
- In a saucepan, add the butter, brown sugar, salt, corn syrup and water and place it over high heat.
- Stir until the butter has melted and sugar has dissolved.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 5 minutes. Swirl the pan if hot spots start to develop.
- Take it off the heat and stir in rum, cinnamon, baking soda, and vanilla.
- Grease a large baking tray with butter and add the popcorn.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and toss until well coated.
- Place it in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Spread the caramel coated popcorn on a sheet of baking paper in one even layer and allow it to cool.