Olive Oil 2 Tablespoons
Rosemary 1 Sprig
Carrots 1 (chopped)
Celery 1 (chopped)
Onions 2 (chopped)
Leeks 1 (chopped)
Aubergine (Eggplant) 1 large (chopped)
Potato 2 (chopped)
Basil 2 sprigs
Raisins 1 tablespoon
Pine Nuts 2 tablespoons
White Balsamic Glaze 2 tablespoons
Prerequisites of Making Sicilian Caponata
- Chop all vegetables to a similar size, so that the cooking happens evenly and equally
- Coat the chopped potato and aubergine in flour and deep fry at a low temperature, so it gives a crispy texture.
For The Caponata
- Drizzle Olive oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped carrots, allow it to caramelise.
- Add the chopped carrots, celery and leeks and cook well.
- Add in some fresh basil for flavour
- Add the deep fried potato and aubergine and mix well.
- Remove from stovetop and add the pine nuts & raisins
- Season to taste & add fresh herbs as per preference.
- Finish off with a dash of vinegar and white balsamic glaze