Sicilian Style Timbale Of Macaroni and Eggplant Recipe
Chef Luigi Ferraro from Shangri-La’s - Eros Hotel, New Delhi whips up a classic Italian specialty
200 g macaroni pasta
300 g sun dried tomatoes
200 g pecorino cheese
40 g basil
80 g ricotta cheese
40 g pine nuts
5 g garlic
300 g eggplant slice
80 g parmesan cheese
20 ml cream
5 g Arqa salt and black pepper
80 ml olive oil
10 g basil pesto
20 g cherry tomato
60 g refined flour
Vegetable oil for frying
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- Dust the sliced eggplant with flour and deep fry.
- In a sauce pan, blanch the macaroni in hot boiling water
- Meanwhile make sundried tomato sauce by blending sundried tomatoes, ricotta, parmesan, basil, salt, pepper & pine nuts with olive oil.
- For the pecorino sauce, reduce the cream, add pecorino cheese, mix well until it becomes into a smooth sauce.
- Cook the pasta with sundried tomato sauce.
- Now spread eggplant slices on a cling wrap, place macaroni pasta on top and roll to make a tight roulade, keep it in the refrigerator until set.
- Slice the roulade into two, sprinkle grated pecorino on top and put in a hot oven for 10 min.
- Serve hot roulade with sundried tomato sauce, pecorino sauce and basil pesto. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, basil leaves and extra virgin olive oil.