Spiced Christmas Cookies Recipe
Preparation Time- 10mins
Cooking/ Baking Time- 20mins
Serving- 30 Cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp breakfast sugar, divided
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups white chocolate chips
3 Tbsp shortening
Red and green candy melts (or tinted royal icing)*
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg for 20 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar until well blended.
- Mix in egg, then blend in molasses and vanilla. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill 1 hour. Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Scoop dough out about 1 1/2 Tbsp at a time, shape into balls then roll in remaining 3 Tbsp breakfast sugar.
- Transfer to Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets, spacing cookies 2 inches apart (keep dough chilled that is not currently baking), flatten tops just slightly (to evenly level) and bake in preheated oven 8 – 10 minutes.
- Cool and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Decorate the cookies as per Christmas decorations.