Spinach Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
Pancakes with spinach and ricotta? Yes! Kankana Saxena shares her easy-to-make recipe that is all drool-worthy.
100 g spinach, finely chopped
300 g ricotta cheese
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, separated
2 tbsp butter, melted
½ cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 tbsp butter to make brown butter (optional)
Sage leaves (optional)
Salt to taste
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (spinach, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chilli flakes). Whisk egg yolk and add it to the bowl along with milk, cheese, and melted butter. Give it a whisk and taste for salt. Add any, if required.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites and fold it into the pancake batter.
- Heat a flat pan or griddle and keep it at medium heat. Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter to the hot pan. Once you see bubbles on the edges of the pancake, it’s almost ready to turn. It should take about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the pancake and cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat the step with the rest of the batter to make all the pancakes.
- Once the pancakes are ready, heat 2 tbsps of butter in a small pan until it turns mild golden brown in color and then, drop the sage leaves.
- Drizzle the brown butter on top and serve the pancakes warm.
If the pancake batter looks too runny, add a little bit of all-purpose flour. Also, if the batter looks too thick, add little milk.