Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Fill that cookie jar with Shivesh Bhatia's special Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Cook Time: 40 minutes + 10 minutes bake time
Serves: 5-6 people
¼ cup all-natural tahini
2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
1 vanilla pod bean
2½ tbsp flour
1 tsp baking powder
⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
Sesame seeds, to sprinkle
Sea salt, to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Line a baking trey with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat tahini and butter on medium speed. Add the brown sugar and beat well, until fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix only until well combined. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Make 6 scoops of dough on the cookie sheet, and sprinkle each cookie with sesame seeds and sea salt. Bake for 9-12 minutes, until the edges start to brown.
- Let cool on sheet pan for 10 minutes before lifting.
- Serve with milk or at tea time.