Thai Vegan Curry Recipe
A vegan special, this Thai curry suggested by Chinmayie Bhat from lovefoodeat.com is to die for.
4 tbsp coconut oil
2-3 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp Thai green curry paste (Available at Foodhall)
250 g button mushroom
200 g of firm tofu
2 cups of coconut milk
Dash of soy sauce
Handful of sweet basil leaves
Few fresh green chillies (optional)
1 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
- Cut the tofu into bite size pieces. Clean and cut the mushrooms into halves or quarters. Crush the garlic and slice the green chillies.
- Heat the oil in a deep pot. Add the crushed garlic and fry till it turns light golden. Now add the curry paste.
Fry it in low flame till the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the quartered mushroom and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and let the mushrooms cook a little. Reduce the flame, add the coconut milk. Season the curry with salt, sugar and a bit of soy sauce. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes and add the tofu. Let the curry cook for a few more minutes.
- Taste it and adjust the flavours according to your taste. Add some more sliced green chillies if needed. Let the curry simmer till the mushrooms are completely cooked. Make sure not to boil the curry.
- Turn off the heat and throw in the fresh basil leaves. Serve over hot rice or noodles