The SOHFIT Quinoa and Avocado Salad Recipe
Serves: 1 – 2
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 40g quinoa (any colour)
- Small handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon or 1-2 nimbu
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 30g frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 thumb sized piece of feta, chopped into small cubes
- Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions (wash, boil in lightly salted water for approx. 10 mins, until white circles appear).
- Once the quinoa is cooked, drain well and transfer to a bowl. Add the mint leaves and stir in so they soften in the heat.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, chilli and peas. Mix. Sprinkle over the feta, avocado and lemon zest and season with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
‘Tis the season… for strawberries!