Tohfa E Zameen Recipe
Looking for a recipe to impress your guests? Try Chef Sanjay Tyagi from Tatva, Upper Crust magazine's - Tohfa E Zameen.
400 g yam
50 g besan (gram flour / chana dal flour) roasted
½ tsp cardamom, elaichi powder
½ tsp red chilli powder
5 ml white vinegar
10 g coriander, chopped
50 g Vanaspati ghee
8 pistachios, chopped
30 g cheddar cheese, grated
2 green chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
Salt to taste
Water as required
For the filling
- Mix grated cheese, green chillies and pistachios.
For the kebabs
- Clean, cut and boil yam with white vinegar using adequate water. Drain yam and place it in the food processor and grind into a fine paste.Roast the ground yam in ghee for 10 minutes. Cool on a flat tray.
- Add roasted chana powder, coriander, salt, red chilli powder and cardamom powder to the yam and mix well.
Divide into 4 equal pieces.
- Make roundels with yam paste and stuff the filling.
- Make round patties and shallow fry in ghee. Serve with green chutney.