Thai hot and sour cooked with shrimps
Preparation Time- 15mins
Baking Time- 20mins
2 1/2cup Shrimp/ Prawn Stock (made from d head & shells)
10-12 Shrimps, de-veined
3 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
4 bird’s eye chilli, pounded
3 slices of Galangal
3-4 Kaffir Lime Leaves, bruised
2 tablespoons Nam Prik Pao & Oil
3 teaspoons fish Sauce
1 stalk of Lemongrass pounded
1 cup button mushroom, cut into half
- In a pot, bring 3 cups of water to boil. Then add a big handful of shrimp/prawn heads.
- Boil the shrimp head until the water turns slightly orange in colour.
- Press the shrimp heads with spatula to extract the “goodies” from their heads.
- Let the stock reduce to slightly more than 2 1/2 cups. Drain the shrimp stock and discard the shrimp heads.
- Add lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, bird’s eye chilies, mushrooms, nam prik pao to the shrimp stock and bring it to boil.
- Add in the shrimp and fish sauce. Boil until the shrimps are cooked, and lastly, add the lime juice and season with salt and serve hot.