Tres Leche Cake Recipe
Celebrate your parties Mexican style with Shivesh Bhatia's Tres Leche Cake recipe.
Cook Time: 20 minutes + 30 minutes bake time
Serves: 3-4 people
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup whole milk
1 can condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 cup whipped cream
For the cake
- To make the perfect Tres Leche Cake, you’ll need to butter a 9X9 inch square tin. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Beat butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Mix in the flour and baking powder.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
For the three milk mix
- Combine condensed milk, evaporated milk and whole milk.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, poke the top of the cake with a fork. Pour the three milk mixture on the cake. Refrigerate the cake overnight. Before serving, frost with whipped cream.