2 tbsp sesame oil
15-20 dry red chillies
10-12 cloves garlic
2 onion cut into big squares
½ cup red, yellow and green bell peppers, cut into squares
1 broccoli, cut into small florets
1 cup cauliflower, cut into small florets
200 g mushroom, cut into half
½ cup carrots cut into thin slices
2 tbsp soy sauce (Available at Foodhall)
2 tbsp red chilli sauce (Available at Foodhall)
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp fish sauce (Available at Foodhall)
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
3 tbsp cornflour
½ cup spring onion greens, finely chopped
Salt to taste
- Soak the dry red chillies in warm water for 10 minutes. Drain the water and blend the chillies in a blender to make a paste. Keep aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok. Add garlic and fry till they begin to brown. Add onions and sauce for a minute.
Add all the vegetables and sauté for a minute. Add water in the wok (it should cover the vegetables). let the water come to a boil.
- Add soy sauce, red chilli sauce, vinegar, fish sauce, tomato ketchup and dry red chilli paste. Season it with salt and mix well.
- Dissolve the cornflour in little water and add it to the wok. Cook for 30 minutes, till the gravy thickens.
- You can add a little more cornflour dissolved in water if you want a thicker gravy.
- Garnish with spring onion greens. Serve hot with fried rice or noodles.