2 large onion, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
3 garlic cloves
2 fresh jalapeno, diced
2 tbsps vegetable oil
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
8 medium fresh tomatoes
2 zucchinis, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
2 summer squash, cut in to 1/4 inch pieces
1 can kidney beans, rinsed
1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot sauté onions, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeno in oil over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes – stirring often.
- Add chilli powder, cumin, half of the chopped cilantro, salt and pepper, and continue cooking for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the mixture hot. Garnish with remaining cilantro.