Yellow Watermelon Margaritas Recipe
What you need:
• Sugar – 1/3 cup
• Lime zest – 2 limes, plus 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for making salt rim, plus thinly sliced rounds for serving (optional)
• Yellow watermelon – 1/2 (about 6 cups), peeled and cut into cubes
• Tequila – 180ml
• Himalayan pink salt, for glasses
1. Bring sugar, 1/3 cup water, and lime peels to a boil, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat; let cool completely. Strain into a pitcher with lime juice
2. Purée watermelon in a blender; strain through a sieve. Add the purée and tequila to a pitcher with lime syrup and stir. Chill, covered, at least 2 hours, and up to 2 days.
3. When ready to serve, run a lime wedge around the rim of each glass and dip glasses in salt. Fill glasses with ice and 1 or 2 thin lime slices. To make each drink, add more ice and 1/2 cup tequila mixture to a cocktail shaker. Shake 15 seconds; strain into a glass. Repeat for remaining drinks and serve immediately.